Monday, April 15, 2013

Teaser

So, I wanted to give everyone a quick teaser of Forgiven.

*This is not edited and may be removed or changed in the final version of the book.*




Caleb what are you doing here?” she said but her eyes were unfocused.
“I was wondering the same thing about you,” I replied as she stopped dancing.
“Well I was having a good time, if you’ll excuse me,” she said as she started to walk away a little unsteadily, but I grabbed her arm.
“Angie, wait a minute. I know you are pissed and I am sorry.
“Sorry, sorry? I keep hearing that from you. I am not a goddamn yo-yo. You can’t keep pulling me to you with your sorrys, and then pushing me away to keep your distance. Now let go of me. I’m going to find Josh.”
“Shit, Angie stop being so obstinate. I’m trying to apologize here and you just keep fucking yelling at me,” I yelled.
“What the fuck do you expect me to do? Keep hanging around while you continue to treat me like shit,” she said as her eyes flared. I realized that there was nothing I could say that she would listen to at this point. She tried once again to pull away and I did the only thing I could think of at the moment. I pulled her to me and kissed her.
I wanted her to just shut up for a minute and listen, but the more I thought about, if I was honest with myself I wanted to kiss her from the moment I looked into her beautiful brown eyes, even if it did scare the shit out of me.

Copyright Forgiven 2013 Rebecca Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment